Sweet Apple Chips
Makes 16 serves
- 8 apples, washed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 100 °C.
- Slice each apple into thin rings by turning apples on their side to cut. Don’t worry about coring them – just pop out the seeds!
- Place the apple rings onto lined baking trays.
- Heat honey in the microwave for 10 seconds, then drizzle honey over the apples (if you have a pastry brush, you could use this instead).
- Using a sieve, dust the apple rings with cinnamon and cocoa.
- Place trays in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove trays from the oven, flip each apple ring over, then place back in oven to bake for another hour. Rotate trays if needed.
- Remove baked chips from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes to cool and crisp before removing from tray.
- Serve approximately 5 apple rings as a snack.
- Even if the apples you are using are bruised – keep the skin on! This adds some colour to the chips, and you won’t be able to tell they are bruised after they are baked.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.