Healthy Kids Association developed resources
Crunch&Sip curriculum materials – a comprehensive resource that covers food groups, everyday vs sometimes foods, the importance of water, and fruit and vegetables. It also includes worksheets, quick brain breaks and an A-Z of fruit and vegetables.
Crunch&Sip healthy eating games – a set of four games that cover similar themes to the Crunch&Sip curriculum materials. Fruit & Veg Grab (Early Stage 1/Stage 1), Everyday and Sometimes Food (Stage 1/Stage 2), Hydration Station (Stage2/Stage 3) and Food Group Match (Stage 2/Stage 3).
Vegetable Science Interactive Whiteboard Materials – these can also be completed by students on computers and tablets.
Fruit and Veg Power Interactive Whiteboard Materials – these can also be completed by students on computers and tablets.
How to link the canteen to the classroom or watch this video
Taste & Learn™ is a 5-week curriculum-aligned program that focuses on the fun and enjoyment of vegetables. Vegetables are taste-tested in each lesson. the program has been developed by scientists and educators, extensively tested in schools and has a sound evidence base.
Taste & Learn™ increases student:
- knowledge, awareness and familiarity with vegetables and vegetable products
- knowledge about the senses
- understanding of how food and vegetable preferences differ between individuals and how they can change
- ability to describe their experiences of eating vegetables
- acceptance, enjoyment and willingness to try vegetables.
The resources include easy-to-use teacher materials:
- Three units of work for Foundation – Year 2, Year 3 – 4 and Year 5 – 6
- Each unit consists of five one-hour lessons
- Fully written lesson plans with student worksheets and electronic whiteboard support
- Implementation manual and digital teacher training module
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating – the guide, associated resources, access to the Food Balance Game
Superhero Foods HQ – resources available for teachers and health educators; this fun and fresh approach to nutrition education and cooking aims to empower children to make healthy lifestyle choices.
WA Refresh ED – WA Health K-10 food and nutrition curriculum materials
Healthy eating curriculum kit – South Australian Department of Education – a set of curriculum materials based around The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating and Australian Dietary Guidelines
Live Life Well@School – Nutrition resources for teachers
Phenomenom – a free digital toolkit for teachers which includes an online library of videos and audio that act as springboards for curriculum-aligned PDF lesson plans
Primary Industries Education Foundation Australia – Primezone provides teachers, parents and students with an Australian Curriculum driven range of high-quality vetted primary industries education resources from Foundation to Year 12.
The Magic Lunchbox – link to an online storybook