GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 15 patties
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, chopped, cooked and mashed
- 2 x 400g cans green or brown lentils, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Canola oil spray
- When the cooked sweet potato is cool, add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into 15 even balls and shape into patties.
- Allow patties to set in fridge for at least one hour.
- Spray a hot frying pan with canola oil spray and cook patties on medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden, before turning over and cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Wrap patties individually and freeze until needed.
Recipe tested by JG March 2016
Download and print this recipe: Veggie burgers