GREEN ACT/SA / Everyday NSW
Makes 15 serves (on its own) 30 serves (to serve with rice/potatoes)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium red chillies, chopped
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 zucchinis, finely diced
- 200g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 x 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 x 400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can pinto beans (kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat and add the olive oil and onions. Cook until browned.
- Add the capsicum, celery, carrots and garlic cook for 5 minutes until soft and add the chillies and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, coriander and oregano and cook the spices for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini, corn kernels, lentils, pinto beans and tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until well combined and thick.
- Garnish with cheese, yoghurt, guacamole, and fresh coriander.
- Serve on rice, jacket potatoes or with homemade tortilla chips or on their own.
For a printable version of this recipe click here