Whether you’re a P&C, P&F or any kind of school-related parent body, we have plenty of helpful advice to guide your decision making. As representatives of the parent body, you have a lot of responsibility and wading through the murky policy waters or keeping up with guidelines can be time-consuming, not to mention complicated.
Healthy Kids Association is a non-profit, health promotion charity with the mission to increase healthy food choices for children. We have a team of nutritionists on staff to answer any and all of your questions about the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy (the mandatory healthy canteen strategy for public schools in NSW). Plus, we offer advice on staffing your canteen, structuring the management of the canteen, keeping abreast of staff pay rates, organising fundraising events, and managing your risk.
Hosting a fundraising event?
Remember that the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy covers the canteen and vending machines. That means healthy food choices should be a priority for any event the canteen is hosting. Healthy Kids has plenty of simple advice on offering healthy food, beyond the sausage sizzle.
Plus, our P&C insurance package is simple and easy to understand – check it out for a competitive rate.
What does membership with Healthy Kids offer?
As a member you’re entitled to:
- Access to our phone line to answer any questions regarding your school canteen (Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm).
- Nutrition & canteen business advice, support and resources via:
- Calling (02) 9876 1300 from 8:30am– 4:30pm weekdays
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our website – healthy-kids.com.au • Social media – Facebook and Twitter
- At least 2 Healthy Kids Members Magazines per calendar year and other communications – these contain regular updates and information pertinent to running your canteen and providing healthy food at school.
- 2 tickets to the annual Healthy Kids Training & Food Exhibition Day – non-members have to purchase tickets in order to attend the event.
- Learn more about our membership.
Have you got questions? Contact us!