Healthy Kids Product Registration Scheme (PRS)
Apply NOW for 2024
Fill out the Product Registration Scheme 2024 Application Form
Download the Product Registration Scheme 2024 Flyer
The Healthy Kids Product Registration Scheme (PRS) is the leading food and drink registration program for school canteens in Australia. By registering with Healthy Kids, you can take advantage of our extensive canteen network and promote your products to approximately 8,000 school canteens across the country.
Benefits of registration
- A comprehensive product listing in our School Canteen Buyers Guides – highly regarded and trusted resources used by canteen managers to assist them in choosing healthier products for their school canteen menus in line with their state/territory canteen guidelines/policies. NEW in 2024: Buyers’ Guide App!
- A Certificate of Registration that shows the assessment of your registered products against each state/territory canteen guidelines/policies (useful for distributors and sales staff).
- Use of the distinctive and credible Healthy Kids Registered Product Logo in your marketing materials, subject to a signed Licensed Deed Agreement. View our 2024 Media Kit for more information.
- The exclusive opportunity to advertise with Healthy Kids in our Buyers’ Guides, Members’ Magazines, eNewsletters and on our website.
- An opportunity to participate in our biennial Healthy Kids Exhibition and Training Day.
2024 criteria for inclusion
To be registered with Healthy Kids in ACT, NT, Qld, SA and Vic:
Products must meet the Healthy Kids Nutrient Standard 2024. Products are then assessed against the guidelines and/or policies for each state/territory and classified as GREEN, AMBER or RED.
To be registered with Healthy Kids in NSW:
Products must meet the criteria of the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy. Healthy Kids requires ALL products registered in NSW to have a Health Star Rating of 3.5 stars or more or meet the Healthy Kids Nutrient Standard 2024. Products are classified as Everyday, Occasional or a Basic Ingredient.
2024 cost of registration (ex. GST)
Company Benefit Fee:
$1,500 (1-5 employees)
$2,000 (6-15 employees)
$2,300 (16+ employees)
Product Assessment Fee:
$120 per product for NEW products
$105 per product for RE-REGISTERED products
Registering products throughout the year
The Product Registration Scheme runs year-round. Products registered after the cut-off date (12th October 2023) to make it into the printed 2024 School Canteen Buyers’ Guides are added to our “What’s New” page. This webpage is advertised in our monthly canteen eNewsletter.
In 2024, products that are registered after the cut-off date will be added to the Buyers’ Guide App once it has launched in 2024.
Questions? Call (02) 9876 1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please subscribe to our food industry quarterly eNewsletter for the latest information and updates from Healthy Kids.