GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 6 cups; berry, mango, banana, dairy free, kiwi fruit and veggie
- 2 cups of fruit (fresh, frozen, tinned) e.g. soft bananas, mixed berries, mango
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1 cup reduced fat plain yoghurt
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Whizz until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide into cups and pop into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Berry smoothie: 2 cups of mixed fresh or frozen berries.
- Mango smoothie: 2 cups of fresh or frozen mango.
- Banana smoothie: 2 cups of soft, sliced banana (bananas can be peeled, chopped and frozen in zip lock bags ahead of time).
- Dairy free smoothie: substitute milk and yoghurt for 2 cups of soy milk and 1 cup of soy yoghurt or silken tofu.
- Kiwi fruit smoothie: 5 peeled and diced kiwi fruit.
- Veggie smoothie: substitute one cup of the fruit for a vegetable, e.g. 1 cup of banana and 1 cup of baby spinach.
- Frozen fruit creates thicker smoothies.
- This recipe can be multiplied for larger batches.
- Add flavour boosters such as a one level tablespoon of honey, malt powder, cocoa powder or a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Add fibre boosters such as one Weetbix, a tablespoon of oat or wheat bran, or a tablespoon of chia seeds.
Recipe tested by EG October 2016
Download and print this recipe: Fruit smoothies