Basic green salad
- 4 handfuls of mixed salad leaves, or one small lettuce, chopped
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced or diced
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets, steamed
- 150g green beans, tailed, cut in half, steamed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- French or whole grain mustard, to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, peel and chop finely (optional)
- Gently combine and toss together all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl to combine.
- Turn dressing through salad or serve separately.
This salad can be served by itself or as a side salad. To make it more of a meal add a boiled egg cooked lean chicken or canned tuna.
|Per serve (250g)||Per 100g|
|Fat- Total (g)||19||7.5|
|Fat- Saturated (g)||3.3||1.3|
|Carbohydrate- Total (g)||2.9||1.2|
|Carbohydrate- Sugar (g)||2.3||0.9|