Canteen Manager Vacancy, Sydney’s Lower North Shore
A Healthy Kids Association canteen in Sydney’s Lower North Shore is seeking an experienced Canteen Manager. This role is 5 days per week, 8:30-2:30pm.
The Canteen Manager holds responsibility for the profitable management and operation of the school canteen. The canteen is open 5 days a week and provides healthy and tasty meals for staff and students, in line with the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy.
Do you have managerial and food service experience?
Please apply by Friday 10th December.
The Canteen Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the everyday operations of the canteen
- Planning menus in accordance with the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy
- Supervising volunteers and training staff
- Pricing menu items
- Maintaining quality equipment
- Ensuring the highest level of hygiene & safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Managing and rotating stock, including preparation of monthly stocktakes
- Placing daily supplier orders
- Daily reconciliation and bank takings
The Canteen Manager will ensure that all aspects of the school canteen comply with Food Handling regulations and Covid-19 safety protocols.
The successful candidate will be passionate and eager to share new ideas, display an ability to maintain a cooperative and functional working environment and provide friendly service to students and staff of the school community.
- Mandatory Covid-19 vaccination, or a valid medical contraindication certificate
- A current WWCC (Working With Children Check), or the willingness to obtain one
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy and Food Safety Standards
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate is desirable
Please send a resume & cover letter, outlining your suitability for this position, to:
Applications accepted until close of business Friday 10th December 2021.