Easy Everyday winter snacks for the canteen
These quick and easy Everyday snacks ideas are perfect for warming little fingers on those cold and rainy days. Make sure you add as much veg as you can to your muffin pizzas, toasted jaffles and pasta and fried rice cups, and that your cheese selection is reduced-fat.
- Corn on the cob: sprinkled with herbs, wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven.
- Cheesy melt: half a roll with a slice of melted cheese.
- Soup cups: canteen-made with added veg.
- Muffin pizzas: with assorted veg, lean and reduced salt ham, and reduced fat cheese.
- Mini cup of beans with pita bread wedges: use baked beans or a chilli con carne mix.
- Hot chocolate: using reduced-fat milk.
- Mini pasta cups: try a homemade sauce with added veg.
- Toasted jaffles: using reduced-fat cheese.
- Mini fried rice cups: homemade with added veg.
- Baked potatoes with beans and cheese: either baked beans or a chilli con carne mix.
Check out our Canteen Recipes Search Tool for more inspiration!