Healthy fish and chips
23/11/2015 AMBER, Healthy Eating, Help for Parents, Hot meals, Occasional, Recipes
AMBER (ACT & SA)
- Olive oil spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 large white potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ¾ cup bread crumbs (preferably wholemeal)
- 600g boneless firm white fish fillets, cut into 2cm thick slices
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Spray two large baking trays with olive oil spray. Spread wedges in a single layer on one tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg and milk together. Place flour and breadcrumbs in two separate bowls. Coat fish in flour, followed by the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Place on the second tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tender and golden.