Simple chicken curry
31/03/2014 AMBER, Everyday, Healthy Eating, Help for Parents, Hot meals, Recipes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 500g chicken breast or thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into cubes
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (green or red)
- 400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat then add the chicken and cook until golden (approx. 3-4 mins), stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining oil to wok, add onion and garlic, and cook for 3 mins, stirring often.
- Add curry paste and stir until aromatic (approximately 1 minute).
- Stir in coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and return chicken to wok.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Serve with rice.