Running a Profitable Healthy School Canteen
About the workshop:
This workshop is intended for canteen managers, staff and volunteers who would benefit from a basic introduction to the principles of profitability and best practices for running a viable canteen. It is aimed at helping participants understand what the key profit drivers are and how these drivers can be influenced to achieve the operational goals of the canteen.
This two-hour workshop is interactive and includes a group activity on recipe costing and price setting. Participants will be provided a booklet containing summary notes and record templates to follow along during the workshop.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the principles of profitability and its key drivers
- Apply the principles to their canteen operations
- Determine sale prices with reference to expenses
- Recognise the importance of best practices and keeping records
- Use basic records to operate a viable canteen
Times and Dates:
Newcastle 10-11pm, 2 August 2019
Illawarra 3:30-5:30pm, 7th August 2019
Coffs Harbour 4-6pm, 15th August 2019